Ice whale Newly introduced Affordable Full house cloud server ZimaBoard 216 priced from $170. The Cloud server The solution features 2 GB RAM, 16 GB eMMC storage, dual-core Intel Celeron processor for $139.99. The ZimaBoard 432 features 4 GB of RAM, 32 GB of eMMC storage and is powered by a quad-core Intel Celeron processor for $170.
The more expensive ZimaBoad 832 priced at $230 has 8 GB of RAM, 32 GB of eMMC storage and is powered by a quad-core Intel Celeron processor. Watch the quick overview video below to learn more about the affordable ZimaBoard home cloud server and its features.
“After our Kickstarter campaign and the fulfillment of backers in July, we are excited to announce our move to Amazon,” said founder Lauren Pan. “Getting here was no small feat, especially after more than a year of chip shortages and unexpected lockdowns, but here we are. The ZimaBoard is the board to rule them all—the one that puts people back in control.”
“We as individuals have a lot of faith in big name cloud providers,” Pan said. “For many people, it seems like a necessary evil to store their confidential files, precious photos, and media with these influential players to keep them so-called safe. But the thing is, we see time and time again that these providers do not respect privacy. Users often sell and steal their personal data. And, to add insult to injury, providers issue a monthly bill.”
“As such, many people are trying to distance themselves from the big tech and major players in the cloud space,” Pan continued. “Sovereign computing through personal servers is emerging as a viable option, but until recently, this space has been dominated by geeks, crypto fans and hackers. With ZimaBoard, we want to create an accessible option for the average user who wants to set up a home cloud.”
Home cloud server features include:
– ZimaBoard allows users to easily expand their personal cloud to 36 TB of disk space (2x SATA) as their data grows. When connected through a gigabit network, they can enjoy reading and writing as fast as their local hard disk.
– With its excellent compatibility offered by the x86 chipset, users can turn the ZimaBoard into a hardware router. They can create secure VPN connections, run lightweight services like FTP servers, BitTorrent clients, perform traffic-sizing and QoS, or set up private access to their office computer.
– Plex Media Server installed on ZimaBoard changes the way users browse and enjoy their personal media library. Users can organize their media, stream their favorite movies and TV show collections anywhere on all their devices. They can enjoy millions of high-resolution tracks through Tidal.
– Users can seamlessly promote teamwork across documents and spreadsheets in a secure environment. With ZimaBoard, they can set up a large-volume shared disk at home or office. This means users can edit their videos, photos, and documents with others in real time across multiple systems.
– In practice, Jimaboard as a personal server offers excellent development possibilities and performance/price ratio as an x86 microserver. For example, it is ideal for git server, web server (Apache / lighttpd / NGINX), print server, chat server, or Minecraft server.
– ZimaBoard can be used for data collection, data buffering, and data preprocessing to provide accurate and efficient IoT data on-site for cloud or local server, offering instant decision making to provide agile responses, significantly reducing cloud and network infrastructure dependency.
– ZimaBoard is complemented by IceWhale’s elegant, easy-to-use, open home cloud OS called CasaOS. It is focused on providing a simple home cloud experience around the community-based open source software Docker ecosystem.
Filed under: Gadgets News
Latest Geeky Gadget Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. learn more